Hopkinson & Abbondanza represents clients in a wide variety of residential and commercial matters, from a young family purchasing their first home to the business owner purchasing a commercial property for its operations or for investment. Our Lender representation includes both closing and documenting a loan transaction, including SBA 504 and 7A closings. We represent clients in conducting title examinations and advising on clearing title defects. We are aware that each transaction is unique and that it is the most important event for that client. We strive to make the legal side of the closing process as seamless as possible and work hard to avoid last minute closing negotiations.
We are proud of our reputation for reliability and personal service. If issues arise, we look for ways to make deals happen in the most timely and cost-effective manner. We are regularly engaged by residential buyers and realtors, commercial purchasers, lenders, and premier local and national developers and lenders.
We educate the community. With over 10 seminars approved for credit by the Maine Real Estate Commission, we regularly educate brokers, as well as other members of the Bar, in a variety of real estate and business areas. Our quality service and attention to detail has earned us continual repeat and referral business. Our specialty areas include:
- Residential and commercial purchases and sales
- Residential and commercial mortgage loan closings for lenders and borrowers
- Coordinating and orchestrating Section 1031 tax free exchanges
- Subdivision, permitting, zoning, environmental, and land use matters
- Drafting and negotiating residential and commercial leases
- Condominium formation and condominium conversion
- Drafting and negotiating real property purchase and sale agreements
- Residential and commercial landlord/tenant issues
- Arranging for title insurance and resolving title issues
- Creating and representing homeowners’ associations and condominium associations
- Representing for-profit and non-profit developers and owners of affordable housing